Monday, August 9, 2010

So, it's been a crazy week.

I get to work on Wednesday and our newest dispatcher tells me that he's talked to the Chief who told him that if he could get it covered he could have thursday and friday off. Yay.

So, we (I) dutifully covered the shifts. Luckily, one of the firefighters was able to cover thursday, but our other dispatcher decided she couldn't work so guess who got to pull a double? :)

Oh well, it's ok and it's Friday.

I'm going to rant for a minute here, our other evening/night dispatcher has gotten to where's she really being a pain. the Chief wants her to go to fulltime, working 5 days a week and she doesn't want to. She wants to get her hours, but she wants to keep 4 days. I guess she's not able to recover in 2 days like everyone else...

So, I started reworking schedules..like I was told to do...adding her another day. Forgive me if I seem really unsympathetic lol, but here goes.

She would have to work 5 days, starting with a 0700-1500 on Friday, work 1500-2300 Sat and Sun, then work 2300-0700 Mon and Tues. She seems to think that there's not enough turnaround between Tues and Fri. Am I completely being hard to get along with?

She calls in sick -- a lot, takes off -- a lot and wants the schedule worked to fit her schedule. That's cool, I would love to be able to make my days off whenever and screw everyone else, but I'm doing my best to get people hired and make the schedule fair.

She's completely set on working 4 days a week and going to 12 hr shifts or 10s whichever. I wrote up a schedule with her working 10s, overlapping on the evening shift when she works nights, because that's the busiest shift. That's not working for her, she thinks the nights are busiest-- believe me they ain't. Yeah we get weirder calls and a lot of bs...but by far not the busiest.

Ok, i think I'm done ranting, but it's still a pain in the ass.

Post Song: Francesca Battistelli - Beautiful, Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment