Friday, June 15, 2012

Summertime Antics

As I've said many times, you have to be a unique person to do this job or at least a unique sense of humor. There was a request for the sharing of said antics, but before I do that, I must say this: I answer the phone "Police Department", but what I really should say is, "Animal Control, After Hours Utilities, Medical, Police and Fire Department" I'm not sure it has the same ring, but still... Yesterday was a little crazy, again, we are a small department with a fairly high call volume and a decent per capita crime rate, especially drugs and violent crime. Except for that whole animal control part, we're the epitome of a high class department...lol We've handled cats, bats, and squirrels in the last 2 days. My favorite so far is the squirrel, which was stuck in a pool drain. The solution: pick it up with a baton and fling it over the fence. The reaction: "I could have done that!" Then why call the police? The cat call also involved a baton (of course it was the same officer). Cat was stuck in a tree, and why he thought throwing the baton at the cat would make a difference, I'm not entire sure. He's special :) My other favorite of the day: child custody. You don't have a decree from a judge, so a notarized, handwritten statement should do the trick. Right. Where do these geniuses come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment