Thursday, January 21, 2010

The best thing about this job ...

Is I really can't decide. I really like pissing off people, by telling them that their complaint is completely asinine and trivial, I really enjoy waking first responders and fire fighters up in the middle of the night, and the highlight of my life ( be it ever so futile) is the pissing off of officers (one in particular) by doing welfare checks.

This consists of simply saying over the radio "Such and Such, 10-90?" to which they should always respond, "I'm 91, or Code 4" both of which mean they are good. One guy hates this, but it's my job, right? Far be it from me to slack on the job!

Right now I'm trying to figure out why someone called the City Hall nonemergency number to make a complaint/report and I'm watching hockey. I'm a Dallas Stars fan, and right now they are getting beat by Vancouver. Actually I think I know why he's pissy, I may have inadvertently hurt his feelings.

My boss feels the need to harass this officer and myself about having a 'thing'and I very succinctly told him that was crap tonight when I got here...unfortunately, this officer was standing right around the corner. Oops.

I went to Wal-Mart this morning after I got off work, it's kinda great to walk in and only have to dodge old people and employees. I'm waiting in line and there's a 'wonderful' specimen of a man standing at the bank line, whose jacket reads SECURITY in large letters.

I had to roll my eyes, this kid was probably all of 21-23, fu-manchu gotee, total cocky asshole. It made me laugh...

I have to get fingerprints done at some point, for training. I asked them this morning when I could do it, they told me to have one of the night guys do it. That's not exactly what I wanted to hear. You gotta understand, when you get fingerprinted, whoever is doing them is ALL up in your business. There's no such thing as personal space and it sucks. I have a few people who get that close in my space - the rest gotta back off. Now, there's one I wouldn't MIND doing them, lol, but that would just be odd. :)

So, I'm avoiding it at all costs until I'm forced to do them, which makes perfect sense, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment